City Of Greeley

Community Development Home

Building Inspections

Building Forms

Construction Reports

Engineering Development Review

Historic Preservation

Natural Resources

Code Compliance

Farmers' Market

Recycling Centers

Poudre River Trail



2060 Comprehensive Plan

Current Planning

Long-Range Planning & Neighborhood Studies

Planning Commission


1100 Tenth Street
Greeley, CO 80631
tel: (970) 350-9780
fax: (970) 350-9800
M-F 8-5 (MST)
View Map


Environmental Concerns

Here are some important rules you need to follow. The specific municipal code reference is given in parentheses.

Yard Maintenance
The landscape needs to be maintained. This means regular watering, mowing, pruning, fertilizing, clearing of debris and weeds (18.44; 9.16.080). Refuse and trash must be placed in appropriate containers and removed on a weekly basis. (9.16.120) Snow must be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours (13.12.020). Animal feces must be cleaned up weekly (9.16.150)

Overgrown Vegetation
Trees and shrubs must be trimmed so that they are contained behind the inside edge of sidewalks and curbs. All vegetation must be trimmed to a height at least 8' over the sidewalk or no lower than 13' over street levels. On corner lots “clear vision zones” (the triangle created by two intersecting streets) must also be kept clear of vegetation which may obstruct views for pedestrians and vehicles. All trimming on public rights-of-way must be done by a licensed contractor. The Greeley Forestry Division can require trimming or removal of trees or other plant growth where there is an immediate danger to persons or property. The costs of such trimming is billed to the landowner. If you have questions or would like more information visit the Forestry Division web site. You may also call the department for information or to report a vegetation problem at 339-2405. You may leave a message 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Every property in the City must be kept free of weed growth. Weeds include untended grasses, nuisance plants, and noxious plants considered a particular threat due to their invasive growth tendencies. Each developed lot is required to have plant material free of weed growth. Vacant lots must be maintained with weeds cut frequently to prevent spreading to other properties. If a property is found to have excessive weed growth, the owner, tenant and or agent will receive a Notice of Violation and be required to appear at an Administrative Hearing. This may result in a minimum fine of $100.00 plus any additional penalties assessed by the administrative hearing officer, per violation if this is your first violation. Subsequent violations could result in substantial penalties and fines. Click here to view the Administrative Enforcement and Hearing Process Brochure in PDF format .

If you have questions, or would like to report a weed problem, please call the City of Greeley Code Enforcement Division at 350-9833. 2004 Noxious Weed Management Plan

Odor Complaints
To report an offensive outdoor odor, call the Odor Hotline at (970) 350-9831 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.

Please leave your name, address, and phone number, as well as the location where you detected the odor--if different from your address--an accurate description of the odor and its intensity, along with the direction the wind was blowing.