Post Job Offer Requirements
- Recruit candidates must be 21 years of age or older by the September 30, 2013
- Recruit candidates must have current Colorado or National Registry Emergency Medical Technician – Basic (EMT-B) certification at the time of application and must maintain certification through date of hire, including all required refresher courses. Copies of appropriate Certification must be included in application. Copies of EMT certification must be presented to the HR department no later than November 4, 2013. (via USPS, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This eligibility list is expected to be valid for two years.
- Must have valid driver's license with good driving record; high school diploma or GED
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Skill in communicating effectively both orally and in writing, using tact and diplomacy
- Skill in recording information accurately
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must not have been convicted of either a felony or any misdemeanor involving moral turpitude under the laws of the State of Colorado or any other jurisdiction.
- Required to work either a 48-hour shift schedule or an 8 hour/day/40 hours per week work schedule at the determination of the Chief.
Annual Salary (2014): $48,180
Premium pay for Paramedic Certification: The Greeley Fire Department is in the process of establishing a Policy for higher-than-minimum-entry for the rank of Firefighter Paramedic (only). Interested candidates should review the Experienced Based Paramedic Pay Incentive Policy and Request Form. Qualified candidates should be prepared to submit the request form and all requested documentation at the time of conditional job offer.
No future test dates have been scheduled at this time. Testing for 2013 was conducted through the National Testing Network. Candidates will be able to submit an application online through National Testing Network. The written tests were conducted primarily at Aims Community College.
With proof of residency, Greeley residents may receive a voucher for testing. Contact email@example.com.
Candidates must possess a current CPAT card to be eligible for an interview. Only CPAT cards issued between January 1, 2013 and November 4, 2013 will be considered as current cards.
Greeley Fire candidates are encouraged to obtain their card through Aims Community College or other CPAT licensed agency. Information on Aims CPAT program may be found at: aims.edu/academics/fire_science/.
Get More Information
If you still need additional information please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org