For Immediate Release
For more information, media representatives should contact:
Steve Blois, Greeley Emergency Manager
970-590-5513 or email@example.com
• Greeley water is NOT contaminated.
• There is NOT a boil water order for Greeley water customers. Water supply to Greeley and other Greeley water customers (Milliken, Windsor, Evans) is safe.
• An updated floodplain map for the voluntary evacuation along the Poudre River is available at http://greeleygov.com/gis/flood.aspx
• Greeley Recreation Center, 651 10th Avenue, is accepting residents who need shelter.
• East 24th Street is closed east of Cherry Avenue.
• Due to road closures the Greeley-Evans Transit system Gold Route will not be serving any of its normal stops east of 11th Avenue on 37th Street. All routes may be running behind as well due to increased traffic.
• Westridge Animal Hospital in Greeley and the Humane Society of Weld County in Evans are accepting pets if necessary for shelter. Horses will be accepted at North 11th Avenue and H Street, contact number is 302-8543.
• Residents should stay home unless they are escaping rising water. Traffic in and around the community is becoming congested.