For Immediate Release
For more information, media representatives should contact:
Steve Blois, Greeley Emergency Manager
Joel Hemesath, Greeley Public Works Director
970-518-6078 or email@example.com
Subject: Greeley – High Water Updates
Subdivision Roads Reopen
• Riverview Farms Subdivision, between 28th and 30th Streets and east of 1st Avenue now open to residents; 1st avenue south of 30th Street into Evans still closed.
Greeley Critical Infrastructure at 100%
• All Greeley critical infrastructure is operating at 100%. Includes water and sewer systems, power, etc.
Red Cross Shelter - Greeley Recreation Center
• Red Cross shelter (Greeley Recreation Center, 651 10th Avenue) will have crisis trained therapists at the shelter starting at 7am, Monday, September 16.
New Road Closures
• 5th Street from 3rd Avenue to Hwy 85 Bypass
• Sheep draw trail closed from 71st Avenue north through Hunters Cove subdivision. Do not access trail.
• Flood waters are contaminated; CDC recommends that anyone exposed to high water wash off immediately and make sure that Tetanus shots are up to date.
Ongoing Mandatory Evacuations
• Ash Avenue to Fern Avenue and E. 8th Street to E. 16th Street (Flow of river has changed; announcing warning again)
• River Park Mobile Court east of 11th Avenue and south of the Poudre River
• Spanish Colony neighborhood; north of the Poudre River at 25th Avenue and O Street
Continuing Road Closures in Greeley:
• East 24th Street, east of Cherry Avenue
• 71st Avenue between O Street to Poudre River Ranch
• 1st Avenue south of 30th Street
• 95th Avenue from O Street to F Street
• 83rd Avenue from O Street to F Street
• F Street from 83rd to 95th Avenue
• 6th Avenue from 5th Street to 3rd Street
• 5th Avenue from 5th Street to 3rd Street
• 4th Avenue from 5th Street to 6th Street
• 5th Street from 5th Avenue to Hwy 85
For updated Greeley information use www.greeleygov.com
. Use the “High Water Information” tab.