Park Construction News
Homestead Park and Open Space: Now open to the public! Located at 3699 29th Street this newly constructed park has plenty of walking paths, a new playground, shelters and public art. Be sure to stop by and have some fun!
COMING IN 2014
Luther Park Improvements
- Installation of water quality vaults, drainage improvements, pipe repair and reseeding are scheduled to take place from January through March.
- Removal of the playground will begin in January. A public meeting is scheduled for January 30th at Maplewood Elementary to discuss the playground replacement. Please join us at 6:30p.m. Playground replacement will be completed summer 2014.
- Irrigation replacement will occur in the fall of 2014.
Forbes Field Improvements
- Early 2014 eight ballfied light fixtures will be replaced with six new and improved units to improve field safety and electrical efficiency.
- Following completion of the 2014 game season new irrigation and infield/outfield improvements will be completed.
Sheep Draw Trail Connection to Poudre River Trail
- The final section of trail that will connect Sheep Draw Trail north of Hunter's Cove to the Poudre River Trail is anticipated to be comeplete by the end of summer 2014. This will provide connectivity from the Family Funplex to over 22 miles of the Poudre River Trail!
Island Grove Universally Accessible Playground
- The City of Greeley has partnered with Shane's Inspiration to provide a design for the new playground to be located in Island Grove Park. Design will be complete early 2014 allowing fundraising to begin! This is an exciting project that will bring play to citizens of all abilties in the Greeley community.
For addtional information please contact Sarah Boyd, Park Planner 970-336-4180