Indoor Water Conservation
We use water for cooking, cleaning, bathing and laundry. About 30% to 40% of Greeley ' s water use is inside homes. The amount of water that we actually drink is very insignificant – about 0.1% of our total water use. Below are descriptions of articles and tips that can help you save water indoors.
- Rebates – learn about our programs for toilets, washing machines, and more.
- Saving Water in the Bathroom – tips to help toilets, showers, and faucets use less water.
- New and Old Toilets – how to choose a new toilet and how to recycle an old one.
- Saving Water in the Kitchen – water use in the kitchen can be reduced by implementing a few simple tips.
- Saving Water in the Laundry – you can have clean clothes without using tons of water.
- Fixing Leaks – it is easy to fix simple household leaks and know when it is time to call a professional.
- Commercial Water Conservation – helping businesses, non-profit agencies, multi-family residential properties, and home-owner associations save water.
- WaterSense is a national program created by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Greeley Water and Sewer is a promotional partner in this project.