Land is one of our most valued resources because every member of the world's growing population needs a place to live, work and play.
- Forestry This City division enhances quality of life by promoting proper tree care for a healthy urban forest through planting, technical support and code enforcement programs.
- Land Use Controls The Engineering Development Review, Planning and Building Inspections divisions regulate new development in part to ensure compliance with environmental standards.
- Parks & Trails Greeley is home to over 40 parks and other facilities, including the Poudre River Trail, that enhance quality of life and strengthen property values.
- Code Enforcement This subdivision of the Community Development Department enforces laws related to property maintenance, such as weed growth and parking, land development, which includes zoning and building regulations, and air quality issues, such as odor.
- Farmers' Market Administered through Community Development, this market has been around for nearly two decades, offering a variety of goodies, including the usual fresh fruit and vegetables along with a variety of specialty foods.
- Neighborhood Resource Office Another division of Community Development, the NRO offers the Community Gardening Program, where wannabe gardeners in need of space can rent garden plots around town, and the Share the Shade program, where Greeley residents can choose from an assortment of affordable trees for spring planting.
Other helpful links:
Back to portal page>