It’s spring and it’s time to clean out the basement, garage, yard, and more. Greeley residents get a special chance to dispose of and recycle unwanted items Friday, April 27 and Saturday, April 28 with the 43rd Annual Spring Clean-Up Weekend.
With Greeley’s Clean-Up Weekend event, residents can bring almost everything to one of three drop sites designated for household hazardous waste, yard waste, and other debris. No commercial dumping is allowed and all loads of loose materials must be secured with a tarp.
11th Avenue north of the Poudre River — enter from H Street.
- Cars and small trucks—$10 per load (only Site #1).
- Drop off household debris, appliances, and scrap metals.
- Four-tire limit per day — $2 fee for each additional tire — no tires larger than 17 inches accepted.
- No organics accepted (tree limbs, grass, leaves) — visit Site #2.
- One-ton trucks and large trailers with more than one axle must use the North Weld Landfill. — $30 coupon (for each load) that allows direct access to the landfill must be purchased at City Hall, 1000 10th Street, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday by April 27 or at Site #1 during Clean-Up Weekend; limited to two coupons.
Site #2 - Greeley Organic Waste Center
1130 E 8th Street — One mile east of U.S. 85 (these fees are for the Clean-Up Weekend only)
- Cash only.
- Clean-Up Weekend hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. — phone: 970-673-2042
- Grass and leaves: $4 per cubic yard (small pickup approximately $7-$14; large pickup approximately $10-$18).
- Clean and mixed wood (OSB, lumber), limbs, brush, sod, and topsoil: $5 per cubic yard (small pickup approx. $10-$20; large pickup approx. $15-$24); large logs/stumps: $15 per cubic yard.
- Not Accepted: drywall, paper or wax-coated cardboard, and painted and treated wood.
Site #3 - Household Hazardous Waste
1311 N. 17th Avenue, — two blocks north of Site #1.
- Paint, pesticides, batteries, cell phones, fluorescent bulbs, motor oil, and more are free.
- No empty containers or containers larger than 5 gallons.
- Regular hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Saturdays — hotline: 970-304-6415 ext. 2233.
Recyclables can be taken to Northern Colorado Disposal Transfer Station at 59th Avenue and “O” Street, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 7-11 a.m. Saturdays. This location can accept paper, metal and plastic containers, cardboard, but no large quantities and no glass.
Computers and electronics will not be collected during Clean-Up Weekend. For electronic disposal call Schaefer Enterprises at 970-353-0662, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday. A small fee will apply.
For more information, contact Jerry Pickett at 350-9335 or email@example.com.