We maintain the streets of Greeley through the following programs: snow and ice control, street sweeping, pothole repair, graffiti removal, gravelled streets and alley maintenance, vegetation management, and stormwater maintenance.
Recycled Asphalt For Sale
Recycled material is a great
resource in alley and road maintenance for City projects as well as for private sector projects.
This program provides recycled materials for sale to the public. See the document below for information.
Street and Traffic Problems
Street defects, including potholes, as well as graffiti are repaired by our Streets division. Use the online form, or call 970-350-9336 to report a problem.
Information on streetlights and traffic problems can be found on our Transportation page.
Adopt a street
Looking for a way to give back to your community? Our adopt-a-street program gives individuals and groups a chance to work together while contributing to the community and saving tax dollars. We will provide you with safety vests and trash bags and we'll pick up the bagged litter when you are done. Your group will be credited by blue and white signs installed along the adopted route.
Get started today by calling us at 970-350-9336!
Clean up days
Our annual Spring Clean-up Weekend allows Greeley residents to dispose of or recycle unwanted items.
Snow and ice
Snow removal priorities
We do our best to get streets open as quickly as possible. In order to provide the best service to the city, we use a priority system for plowing. For more information, see the snow removal priority map.
- Priority 1: Arterials considered to be the minimum network which must be kept open to provide a transportation system connecting hospitals, police and fire stations.
- Priority 2: Remaining arterials and selected collectors, bus routes, and areas around schools
- Priority 3: Remaining collectors covering major traffic volume streets and selected hot spots such as intersections, hills, and known routes for individuals with disabilities
- Priority 4: All remaining streets, such as residential and local streets. These streets will not receive regular winter maintenance and will only be plowed if traffic movement is blocked and the higher priority streets are clear
In instances where we are unable to maintain all streets, priority 3 will be dropped first followed by priority 2. Priority 1 streets will be kept open at all times.
Call 970-351-SNOW (7669) to request snow removal in your area.
Street sweepers remove debris from our streets and prevent it from entering our storm drains. Street sweeping also helps us comply with state and federal storm water quality requirements in accordance with National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES).
Did you know?
- It is unlawful for refuse of any kind or nature whatsoever to be thrown or swept into any street, sidewalk, gutter, sewer, intake, alley, vacant lot or other property. This includes leaves and tree limbs
- It is illegal to leave a vehicle unattended within any portion of a street or highway right-of-way for 24 hours or more
- Sweeper operators post temporary No Parking signs as needed.
- Parked and abandoned vehicles can cause dirt and debris to build up causing storm water to back into the street - moving these vehicles help us keep our city clean!
- Weekly: downtown streets (Fridays, early morning)
- Monthly: main arterials, downtown alleys, city owned parking lots
- Five times a year: residential streets east of 47th Avenue, paved alleys
- Three times a year: residential streets west of 47th Avenue (fewer mature trees and alleys)
- As needed: for events or as requested by City departments