With the rising price of gas and more and more traffic congestion, many people are looking for alternative transportation options.
Whether your travel is for commuting to work or traveling for pleasure, alternative transportation provides you with the following benefits:
- Save on gas and money
- Less road stress
- Less wear and tear on your primary vehicle
- Reduced adverse environmental impact
- Improved health
Alternative Transportation Ideas
Why take a bike?
- Health—bicycling is a great way to squeeze regular exercise into a hectic schedule
- Mobility—avoid traffic congestion, park quickly and close in
- Economics—save fuel costs, parking fees, auto maintenance costs
- Environment—good for the ozone
To find out more about biking in Greeley check out the GREELEY BIKES page!
Why take a bus with Greeley-Evans Transit?
- It's affordable
- It's reliable
- It's easy
Commuting by bus is reliable transportation that is 47 times safer than car travel. You can relax, read, and eliminate the hassle of finding a parking space. Also, all buses are equipped with bike racks to make your trip seamless.
- Saves you money
- Saves time
Carpooling is simply two or more people traveling together in one vehicle to their destination. Carpooling is easy because few people are involved, a carpool is flexible, and it can usually accommodate everyone’s needs.
A vanpool has benefits similar to a carpool but is a group of six to 12 people with similar commutes of 20 to 80 miles to and from work who share a comfortable van provided by the VanGo™ Vanpool Program.
They usually live and work in approximately the same areas and work roughly the same hours. Vanpool members pay a monthly fee that helps cover the costs of the van, fuel, maintenance and insurance.
- Anyone can do it
- It's an opportunity to combine commuting and exercise
- Walking takes no special gear
- It can decrease stress and increase quality of life
SmartTrips of Northern Colorado provides information for finding alternative transportation choices.
- Guaranteed ride home
- Find a carpool match
- Find a VanGo route
- Savings calculator
Visit the SmartTrips website»