July is Smart Irrigation Month. Knowing how well your sprinkler system performs is the first step in getting an efficient sprinkler system. The irrigation audit program a free service that the Water Department offers to residential and commercial water customers in Greeley.
A sprinkler system audit is a series of tests on an automatic irrigation system. Customers who participate in the program receive:
- a visual inspection of each sprinkler zone to identify problems
- tests that measure how water is being applied
- a water pressure check and adjustment suggestions
- information about the lawn's seasonal needs for water
- personalized watering schedule and recommendations
- eligibility to participate in rebate programs on replacement sprinkler heads, rain/weather sensors, pressure reducing valves, and smart (ET) sprinkler controllers.
In 2001, Greeley began this free service and since then the program has expanded. Between 2006 and 2011, City of Greeley staff performed sprinkler system audits on 1,076 landscapes.
Sprinkler System audits are currently being scheduled for September and October. The end of the season is a good time to get an audit so customers can know what should be improved or upgraded before they turn on sprinkler systems next spring. September is also when the weather starts to cool off and residents should water less than they do in July. It is recommended that you use 1 or 2 of your watering days near the end of the watering season.
Audits are performed April through October on a first come-first serve basis. To schedule an audit, please call (970) 336-4228 or email email@example.com or online form.