Boards and Commissions
Boards and Commissions are groups of citizen volunteers that study special community issues and provide direction, comment and recommendations to the City Council. These 23 groups are the voice of the community; they influence public policy and programming decisions that can affect the entire city.
Boards and Commissions are a great way to get involved in your community. They provide a venue for the healthy and harmonious discussion of issues from a variety of perspectives. The City Council is committed to appointing members that reflect Greeley's diverse character and considers a number of factors including geography, minority status, gender, and occupation or experiences when making appointments.
Upcoming Meeting Materials
Access agendas and minutes for all public meetings, including meetings of boards and commissions and City Council and Work Session meetings, in the City Meeting Portal. Calendars of meetings are also available in the portal, along with meeting videos for boards that record their meetings.
For June 2023 - Deadline for applications is June 5, 2023, @ 8 a.m.
Applications are now being accepted for the following Boards and Commissions.
- Commission on Disabilities – 3 openings: Applicant requirement for one of the seats must be a disabled person/the parent or guardian of a disabled person, the other two seats are at large/local employer.
- Construction Trades Advisory and Appeals – 1 opening: Meetings are held as needed, **Must be from a Building or Electrical Background
- Downtown Development Authority (DDA) - 2 openings: Applicant requirements to fill the seats are owning property, running a business, or living in the DDA district.
- Greeley/Weld Airport Authority- 1 opening: Meetings are held monthly, 3rd Thursday at 3:30 p.m. at the Greeley-Weld Airport.
- Human Relations Commission - 2 opening: Meetings are held monthly on the 2nd Monday at 4 p.m. virtually.
- Judicial Review Board - 1 opening: Applicant must have an attorney background to fill this seat. Meetings, hybrid, scheduled as needed. One opening must have a lawyer background.
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board - 1 opening: Hybrid meetings on the 1st Friday of each month at 7 a.m.
- Rodarte Community Center Advisory Board - 1 opening: Meetings are held monthly, on the 3rd Wednesday at 5:15 pm at the Rodarte Community Center
- Union Colony Civic Center Advisory Board- 1 opening: Meetings are held monthly on the 2nd Wednesday at 3:45 p.m. at the Greeley Recreation Center.
- Water & Sewer Board- 2 openings: Meetings are held monthly on the 3rd Wednesday at 2 p.m. in City Council Chambers.
- Youth Commission - 4 openings: Applicant requirements 2 positions for individuals under 18 and 2 positions for Adult Ex-Officio. Meetings are held monthly on the 4th Monday at 6:30 p.m. at the Rodarte Community Center.
Submit an application online
The City Clerk's Office will reach out after the submission deadline. Depending on City Council's availability, virtual interviews are generally scheduled the second week of the month and appointments are decided at the second City Council meeting (fourth week of the month), unless noted otherwise.
Please contact the City Clerk's Office with any questions or concerns:
City Hall, 1000 10th Street, Greeley