Boards and Commissions
Boards and Commissions are groups of citizen volunteers that study special community issues and provide direction, comment and recommendations to the City Council. These 23 groups are the voice of the community; they influence public policy and programming decisions that can affect the entire city.
Boards and Commissions are a great way to get involved in your community. They provide a venue for the healthy and harmonious discussion of issues from a variety of perspectives. The City Council is committed to appointing members that reflect Greeley's diverse character and considers a number of factors including geography, minority status, gender, and occupation or experiences when making appointments.
Upcoming Meeting Materials
Access agendas and minutes for all public meetings, including meetings of boards and commissions and City Council and Work Session meetings, in the City Meeting Portal. Calendars of meetings are also available in the portal, along with meeting videos for boards that record their meetings.
For November 2023 - Deadline for applications is November 20, 2023, @ 8 a.m.
Virtual interviews will be held via zoom the week of November 27th.
Applications are now being accepted for the following Boards and Commissions.
- Citizen Budget Advisory Committee - 1 opening; Hybrid meetings are held monthly on the 2nd Wednesday at 5pm. (3 year term)
- Commission on Disabilities – 1 opening: Applicant requirement: at large/local employer (3 year term)
- Construction Trades Advisory and Appeals – 1 opening: Applicant requirement: must be from an electrical background; Meetings are held as needed (3 year term)
- Greeley Art Commission - 2 openings; 1 seat requires that the applicant be an Architect or Designer; Meetings are held monthly on the 3rd Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. (3 year term)
- Greeley Urban Renewal Authority - 2 openings; Meetings are held monthly on the 2nd Wednesday at 4:30p.m. (5 year term)
- Historic Preservation Commission - 1 opening; Hybrid meetings held twice monthly on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month at 4:00 p.m. (3 yearm term)
- Judicial Review Board - 1 opening: Applicant must be a Business Representative to fill this seat. Meetings are hybrid, scheduled as needed. (3 year term)
- Museum Board - 1 opening; Meetings are held monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 4:00 p.m. (3 year Term)
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board - 1 opening: Hybrid meetings on the 1st Friday of each month at 7 a.m. (3 year term)
- Youth Commission - 1 opening: position is for Adult Ex-Officio. Meetings are held monthly on the 4th Monday at 6:30 p.m. at the Rodarte Community Center. (2 year term)
Submit an application online
The City Clerk's Office will reach out after the submission deadline. Depending on City Council's availability, virtual interviews are generally scheduled the second week of the month and appointments are decided at the second City Council meeting (third week of the month), unless noted otherwise.
Please contact the City Clerk's Office with any questions or concerns:
City Hall, 1000 10th Street, Greeley