Municipal Court

June 18, 2021

COVID-19 rules and restrictions are changing for Greeley Municipal Court. The State of Colorado has been moving away from mask mandates as the percentages of vaccinated people rises and the number of people hospitalized has been significantly dropping. This court has placed many preventative measures to keep the public safe such as expanding docket return days to reduce the number of people appearing at court as well as cold fogging the courthouse between busy docket days.

If you are scheduled to appear for court and you don't feel well or are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms, please call the Court at 970-350-9230 to reschedule your court appearance.  If you present as ill when you come to court, your case may be rescheduled and you will be asked to leave. 

This court will continue a liberal continuance policy to allow people to reset their court

dates if they are feeling sick. Although there will be no investigation or inquiry, we ask that non-vaccinated people wear masks when entering Greeley Municipal Court, as well as sick people to

call and continue their court date rather than appearing in person.

Starting June 21, 2021 parties may enter Greeley Municipal Court without a mask.

If you have a No Proof of Insurance citation and would like to provide the Court with Proof of Insurance prior to your court date, you may submit proof of insurance or a letter of experience for the date of the violation by mail or email at

You may be eligible to pay your ticket without coming to court. This may lessen points against your driving record and reduce costs.  Look for the "Penalty Assessment" explanation outlined on your citation for eligibility.

If your citation has a fine amount established on it's face, you may pay your citation(s) in advance of your arraignment date and avoid coming to court: 

  • Online: *Case number or citation number is required for payment.               * Please note that the case number on your citation is NOT the case number at Municipal Court.   (CitePayUSA will assess transaction fees for this service.)
  • Mail payment and citation(s) to: 
    Greeley Municipal Court
    1001 11th Avenue
    Greeley, CO 80631

The Court is currently accepting payments over the phone during the COVID-19 pandemic; however, the Court cannot accept a plea over the phone. 

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your case or your Court appearance, please feel free to call 970-350-9230 and press zero (0) to speak with a clerk.

The City of Greeley Municipal Court was established to hear and try all alleged violations of the Charter and Ordinances of the City of Greeley. The Municipal Court is a limited jurisdiction court and a court of record serving the citizens of Greeley, Colorado. Read about our judges and clerk to the court.

We accept legal filings, completions, submissions, and other pleadings via mail, in-person, fax, or email Please include the party's full name, contact information, along with the case number(s) and/or citation number(s) on all documents.

Parking Citations (Tickets)

Vehicles can receive up to two citations or warnings per violation per day.

Payment Options

Additional Payment Options

  • In person: Municipal Court office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • Mail payment and citation(s) to: 
    Greeley Municipal Court
    1001 11th Avenue
    Greeley, CO 80631
  • Online
Payments are due within 30 days of the citation date. Please do not mail cash. Payments must be postmarked by the citation due date.

Appealing a Parking Ticket

If you believe that you have received a citation in error you can appeal your ticket online using our parking portal or in person at the Municipal Court 1001 11th Ave, Greeley CO. Please note that court staff cannot negotiate parking tickets. 

The first appeal must be within 15 days of citation, and will be reviewed by Parking Services staff. During the appeal process, your ticket will be held in abeyance (state of suspension, frozen) until there is a ruling on the appeal. If the appeal is approved, the ticket is dismissed. If the appeal is denied, the outstanding fine must be paid within 7 days of the appeal determination - or - a second appeal can be filed at this time to the City Parking Referee. If the parking referee approves the second appeal, the ticket will be dismissed. If the second appeal is denied, the applicant must pay the outstanding fines within 30 days of the appeal determination.

If you wish to appeal a parking ticket in person, please complete the parking ticket appeal form and submit it to the Greeley Municipal Court Clerk's office.


You can search for bench warrants online by going to the Weld County warrant search.

Traffic offenses, underage drinking offenses, juvenile defendants, and certain other offenses may receive an Outstanding Judgment Warrant (OJ/W) filed with the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles. This places a hold on your driving privilege until the case and all obligations are satisfied (including all costs and fines). If the case is not resolved in a timely manner, your driving privilege may be suspended.

For questions regarding your driving privilege, contact:
Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles
2320 Reservoir Road
Greeley, CO 80634


For additional information on how to clear a bench warrant and/or an Outstanding Judgment Warrant, please call us 970-350-9230.

Jury duty

Jury trial -   November 4, 2021 @ 8am 

Case -         CR-2021-175261

Status -       VACATED


Received a City of Greeley Municipal Court summons? See below for information. If you received a Weld County Court summons, please go to Weld County Court

Jury trials at the Municipal Court are typically one day in duration and summonses are sent out two to three weeks prior to the trial. If selected as a juror for trial, you will receive a Jury Notebook outlining trial procedures and expectations.

It is very important to appear and complete your service.

If you have a valid health issue or special circumstance that prevents you from doing jury service, please contact us immediately at 970-350-9230.

Useful Public Service (UPS)

Be aware. We verify all Useful Public Service.

You may complete UPS ordered by the Greeley Municipal Court at any non-profit organization. Review our Instructions for Useful Public Service for additional information and a list of suggested organizations. Work performed for a family member, a business, or an agency with which you have an affiliation does not qualify as useful public service.

Steps to complete UPS:

All documents need to include your full name, contact information, and a case or citation number.
UPS for Unlawful Noise Violations must be completed in the City limits.

  1. Review the Instructions for Useful Public Service
  2. Document your hours worked on the Useful Public Service Work Log
  3. Make sure that the agency signs the form and provides contact information so that the Court can verify hours worked.
  4. Return your Work Log to the Greeley Municipal Court two days before your scheduled court date or you must appear in Court as scheduled.  The completed work log can be emailed or faxed 970-350-9231.
  5. Verify that the Court has approved the completion and vacated the appearance date.

Weddings and civil unions

We have judges available to perform wedding and civil union ceremonies. Call us 970-350-9230 to schedule a ceremony.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Municipal Court FAQs

What is the Colorado Point System?
How do I request a jury trial?
How do I request a court appointed attorney?
How do I request restitution?
What are the possible penalties for Traffic Offenses or Infractions (Chapter 11)?
What are the possible penalties in the City of Greeley Municipal Court for all other offenses?
How do I appeal a decision from the City of Greeley Municipal Court?
Can court staff give legal advice?
What is the conduct in the courtroom?

Contact Us

Municipal Court
1001 11th Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Municipal Court Closed On City Observed Holidays

970-350-9230 tel
970-350-9231 fax