Dyer Presented Outstanding New Professional Award at CPRA Conference
The Colorado Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA) awarded Greeley Recreation Supervisor Whitney Dyer the Outstanding New Professional Award at the annual Conference earlier this month.
Mark Mann, a recreation manager, found inspiration from Dyer’s numerous accomplishments this past year and nominated her for the award. “Dyer’s leadership in identifying the lack of girls’ participation in sports and her innovative approach to overcoming this challenge is a shining example of how exceptional she truly is,” said Mann. “She developed a collaborative approach with Greeley’s diverse communities, and plans a creative promotional campaign to encourage girls to be engaged in local sports and activities.”
Dyer oversees youth and adult sports and Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation (AIR) for Greeley Recreation. Her nomination recognizes her abilities in these areas:
- Innovation – established a new multi-tiered initiative called “SheCan” focusing on increasing female participation in all of Greeley Recreation’s youth activities.
- Leadership skills – performed exceptionally in bringing back all sports and activities in her area post-pandemic by hiring a dynamic team and focusing on offering quality programs.
- Strategic thinking and planning expertise – developed a wide range of fundamental policies and procedures to guide the delivery of programs.
- Partnership building – fostered relationships with community partners and city departments.
- Community service - dedicated to improving lives in Greeley through participation in healthy and active programs.
CPRA Awards Committee reviews seven to ten nominees for the Professional Service Awards annually. The Outstanding New Professional award honors one individual each year who exemplifies leadership, inspiration, and noteworthy contributions to the profession.
Find out more about Whitney Dyer and how her commitment to excellence in serving Greeley’s community and ensuring sports are available and accessible to all ages has set her above the rest.
Oct 21, 2022