Greeley Philharmonic Orchestra Joins National Tribute to the “Queen of Soul”
The Greeley Philharmonic Orchestra joins symphonies across the country in a tribute performance to the "Queen of Soul," in “Aretha: A Tribute, Live with the Greeley Philharmonic Orchestra”
at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 26 at the Union Colony Civic Center, 651 10th Ave.
Part of a larger national tour, the Greeley Philharmonic joins other orchestras—such as the Seattle, Houston, and Pittsburg symphonies—in bringing new texture to the classic soul music of Aretha Franklin with the powerful accompaniment of a full symphony orchestra.
Broadway performer Capathia Jenkins and Grammy award nominee Ryan Shaw join the Greeley Philharmonic as vocalists, showcasing popular hits such as “Respect,” “Think,” “A Natural Woman,” and many others.
- Capathia Jenkins (lead vocalist) – Jenkin’s resume is stacked with Broadway and off-Broadway credits, including her most recent role of Medda in the Disney production of “Newsies.” She performed with symphonies around the world, including the Cleveland Orchestra, Houston Symphony, and the Hong Kong Philharmonic to name a few. To learn more, visit capathiajenkins.com.
- Ryan Shaw (lead vocalist) – While you may recognize Shaw from his appearance on America’s Got Talent in 2015, his credits go beyond reality TV. He received three Grammy nods for his solo projects, including tracks, “I Am Your Man,” and “In Between.” Shaw also originated the role of Stevie Wonder in “Motown: The Musical” on Broadway, and now leads the “Aretha: A Tribute” performance in symphony halls across the country. To learn more, visit ryanshaw.com.
The Union Colony Civic Center staff is deeply grateful to the Spring 2022 sponsors, whose generous support allows the UCCC to continue in its mission of providing the community with world-class entertainment. The Spring 2022 Semester Sponsors include:
- McDonald Toyota
- Double Tree Greeley at Lincoln Park
- Pioneer Press
- Banner Health
- Women's Clinic of Northern Colorado
- Orthopedic and Spine Center of the Rockies
To become a sponsor, please contact Celeste McCorvey at email@example.com or 970-350-9878.
The UCCC, 701 10th Ave., is Northern Colorado's premier performing arts venue, owned and operated by the City of Greeley. With more than 100 events held per year, the UCCC offers various Broadway musicals, concerts, comedy shows, and many local dance and school performances. Additional Spring 2022 performances and the Fall 2022 lineup will be announced in the coming months.
Visit ucstars.comfor more information and to purchase tickets. Connect with the UCCC at facebook.com/UnionColonyCivicCenter.
Mar 18, 2022