The City of Greeley is in the process of formulating its 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan. The Consolidated Plan will assess the affordable housing and community development needs and market conditions in Greeley and will be used to make data-drive, place-based investment decisions for the use of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) grant funds from the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). When complete, the Consolidated Plan will describe the city’s community development and housing goals based on the assessment of needs, analysis of housing and economic market and conditions, and anticipated resources that will be available.
As part of the Consolidated Plan process, a first-year Action Plan will be developed in coordination with the five-year plan. It will provide summary of the actions, activities, and resources to be used during 2020 to address the priority needs and specific goals identified by the Consolidated Plan. CDBG funds are to assist with community development activities, with stated goals of providing affordable housing, anti-poverty programs, and infrastructure development; HOME funds are to meet affordable housing needs.
Consultation and collaboration with public and private agencies and residents of the City help align and coordinate the federal grants with other plans, programs, and resources so that the greatest impact can be achieved with these funds. Residents of Greeley are invited to attend a meeting to learn more about the CDBG and HOME grants, how the grants have been utilized in Greeley in the past, and what priorities were set for the use of the grant from 2020-2024. Public comment during the steps of the process is encouraged. Opportunities to learn more about the process and public comment include the following:
- June 17 – 11:30-12:30 – Rodarte Cultural Center – 920 A Street
- June 25 – 4:00-5:00 – Greeley Recreation Center – 651 10th Avenue
- July 12 – 4:00 -8:00 – 40th Anniversary celebration of the Rodarte Cultural Center – 920 A Street
Other opportunities for public comment:
- Public Hearing to recommend approval of the 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan and to recommend a budget implementing approved 2020 CDBG applications - August 14 – 4:30 – GURA Board of Commissioners
- 30-day public comment period [(for 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan and 1st year Annual Action Plan (2020)] – August 15 – September 23
- Public Hearing to approve the 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan and the 2020 CDBG activities and proposed budget – October 1 – 6:30 – Greeley City Council