More than one Google Analytics scripts are registered. Please verify your pages and templates.

Transportation Services

Our goal is to provide a safe and convenient transportation system for all users. Our services include traffic operations, neighborhood traffic safety, and mobility planning.

What We Do:

Our main focus is on improving safety and efficiency, we:

  • Monitor and maintain the current transportation network;
  • Optimize traffic flow throughout the City;
  • Analyze crash and safety information to improve safety for drivers;
  • Respond to citizen questions and concerns;
  • Conduct traffic studies in neighborhoods that are concerned about speeding motorists;
  • Predict future traffic conditions and plan infrastructure that will accommodate population growth;
  • Support all modes of travel through education and infrastructure improvements;
  • Ensure that all traffic devices are functional and up to date.
16th St- 35th Ave to 47th Ave resize - Copy

Traffic Problems

Traffic Signals, Signs, and Pavement Markings

Traffic signal malfunctioning? Need to have traffic signal timing or placement evaluated? Contact our Transportation division at 970-350-9336 or use the online form. If this is an emergency please call 911 or contact Greeley Police dispatch at 970-350-9600.



Xcel Energy

Xcel Energy owns the majority of streetlights. To report an outage, please contact Xcel Energy at 303-571-3608, or use their online Streetlight Outage form. Streetlight identification numbers can be found on the pole; providing the identification number will help expedite your request.

If the streetlight has not been fixed after 15 days of your report to Xcel Energy via phone or online form, please call the City of Greeley at 970-350-9359 and provide the Xcel Energy confirmation number from your report as well as the pole number of the streetlight that needs service.

Poudre Valley REA

There are also some streetlights in West Greeley owned by Poudre Valley REA. A yellow tag on the streetlight pole can identify Poudre Valley streetlights (see picture). Poudre Valley REA streetlight outages can be reported to Poudre Valley REA via online form here: Street Light Maintenance | Poudre Valley REA, Inc ( or call 800-432-1012. Please provide the yellow tag identification number along with the closest exact address or intersection.

City of Greeley

The City of Greeley does own some streetlights as well. The majority of these streetlights are located in downtown Greeley and on City-owned property.

Private HOA Streetlights

There are many established homeowners’ associations (HOA) throughout Greeley. Some do have privately maintained streetlights. If a streetlight is out in your area and does not fit the other streetlight descriptions above, it may be privately maintained by an HOA. Please contact the HOA management company directly.


PW Transpo FAQs

How do I report a traffic problem?
What can I do about people speeding on my street?
Why are there flashing yellow arrows at some intersections?
What is the benefit of rapid flashing beacons at crosswalks?
Why were the travel lanes reduced on my street?

Flashing Yellow Arrows

Flashing Yellow Arrow
Drivers are allowed to turn left after yielding to oncoming traffic and pedestrians. (Oncoming traffic has a green light.) Drivers must determine if there is an adequate gap before turning! When in doubt, wait!

Why Have These? 
Safety-Studies show that flashing yellow arrows actually improve safety at an intersection. It's all about efficiency; the arrow allows more vehicles to make left turns and reduces the overall number of vehicles that queue in left turn lanes. 

On a lift_adjusted
stop sign install resized

Frequently Requested Documents


Contact Us

Transportation | Public Works
1300 A Street, Bldg H
Greeley, CO 80631

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.


City Traffic Engineer: Scott Logan

Public Works Deputy Director: Will Jones

Bicycle Friendly Community
More than one Google Analytics scripts are registered. Please verify your pages and templates.