Easements and Rights of Way

This program helps ensure that basic guidelines, standards, and procedures are followed and reviewed before an approval is issued for various utility crossings of the City of Greeley's existing water and sewer pipelines. These crossings may be located in either a private (exclusive easement) or public (within a public street) right of way. The Right of Way team also acquires temporary and permanent easements when the city installs its own water and sewer utility lines.

When Is a Crossing Approval Needed?

A crossing approval is needed any time a water or sewer facility owned by the City of Greeley is going to be crossed by another utility. There is no charge for this crossing approval.

Utility Line Locates

Smart digging means knowing where utility lines are buried before you dig in order to protect yourself from injury and prevent damage to underground utility lines. Whether you’re planning to do it yourself or hire a professional, smart digging means calling before each job.

You may request a locate online or call 811 or 1-800-922-1987.

Contact Us

Greeley Water and Sewer

1001 11th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Greeley, CO 80631

Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm

970-350-9811 tel
970-350-9805 fax

Water Conservation

970-336-4168 for Water Budget

Water Quality

Taste, odor, or appearance



Water 7am-3pm970-350-9320
Sewer 7am-3pm970-350-9322
After hours/ weekends970-616-6260

Other Numbers

Billing970-350-9811 (dial 2 for billing clerk)
Start or stop service970-350-9811 (dial 2 for billing clerk)
Water pressure970-350-9320
Water restrictions & violations970-336-4134
Utility line locates811