The City of Greeley is building a new underground storm drain system to prevent flooding in the downtown area. Phase 1 of the project is underway, close to 10th Street and U.S. 85 near the Poudre River. This phase involves infrastructure, public art, river restoration, and an extension of the Poudre Trail.
Phases 2 through 4 will continue along 12th Street in downtown Greeley.
This project is necessary to reduce flooding in the area. In the past, floods have caused problems with traffic and damaged homes and businesses.
Stay tuned for more updates as we work towards a safe and more resilient Greeley.
An approximate project schedule:
- December 2022-January 2023: Water line installation - 1st Avenue Wastewater Plant
- January 2023-March 2023: Sanitary Sewer boring under Highway 85 at 10th Street
- February 2023-September 2023: Install Storm Drain and open channel along Highway 85, between Cache la Poudre River and 12th Street
- March-April 2023: Sanitary Sewer installation, 2nd Avenue and 10th Street. Water line bore installation at Highway 85 and 11th Street
- November 2023-February 2024: River Restoration and Regrading at Highway 85 Bridge
- November 2023-June 2024: Storm Outfall and Pond Construction and Landscaping
This schedule is subject to change. Phases 2-4 will begin design in January 2023.