Give the Bathroom a WaterSense Mini-Makeover!
Bathrooms are by far the largest water users in the home, accounting for more than half of all the water that families use indoors. If you are planning
to remodel your bathroom, did you know plumbing fixtures are available in a wide variety of colors, models, and prices to help you save water and money?
Advances in plumbing technology and design mean that faucets, showers, and toilets can use significantly less water than standard models while still delivering the rinse, spray, and flush you expect. Just look for the WaterSense label to find them. Greeley has rebates on toilets and hold showerhead exchange events to help you get water saving products in your home.
Fast Facts and Simple Tips
- Giving your main bathroom a mini-makeover by installing a WaterSense labeled toilet, faucet, and showerhead can save your household about 7,000 gallons annually—or enough water to wash six months’ worth of laundry.
- A WaterSense mini-makeover would also save enough electricity to run your refrigerator for two months!
- A WaterSense bathroom makeover can save households as much as $80 dollars in utility bills annually. In fact, replacing your toilet, faucet, and showerhead with WaterSense labeled models can pay for itself in as little as two years.
- Look for the WaterSense label on toilets, faucets, and showerheads and know that you’ll be saving water and money without a noticeable difference in flow. WaterSense labeled products are independently certified to use at least 20 percent less water and perform as well as or better than standard models.
- There are currently more than 4,000 different WaterSense labeled models of bathroom fixtures available in wide variety of styles, colors, and price points.
For more information, visit www.epa.gov/watersense.