Use our Park Shelter Application to see what parks are available for rental and please observe the following:
- Only park shelters can be reserved
- Reservations and park use is on a first come first serve basis
- All day shelter reservation is $75.00
- Parks Rules and Regulations must be followed
- Reservations must be submitted at least 5 business days prior to the requested date
- The form must be turned in at the Greeley Recreation Center or Family FunPlex; faxed or mailed reservations will not be accepted
- Reservations for 2018 will be accepted starting January 2, 2018
Many of our playgrounds have restroom facilities which are generally available May 1 through October 15, weather permitting. Restroom facilities at Anna Gimmestad are only available with a paid shelter reservation.
Each year the City of Greeley looks at its wide-range of park acreage to determine the best ways to improve outdoor recreational opportunities throughout the community. Playgrounds, shelters, and amenities are evaluated for their age and level of use, and each year, several parks throughout the system undergo renovations or improvements.
This City of Greeley has a full time park planner who develops long and short-term strategic plans to complement the Parks Master Plan as well as the Trails Master Plan. For more information about the future of Greeley’s parks, check out each of the following links, all of which were developed with public input.
A job with the Parks Department involves customer service, building maintenance, small construction projects, irrigation, irrigation maintenance, mowing, aeration, small and large equipment usage as well as ball field care and maintenance to include dragging, chalking and leveling. Employees will also find themselves preparing for special events and tournaments. Those who are hired will have opportunities to attend safety and equipment workshops.
February generally marks the beginning of hiring for positions that run from March through October. Each year a variety of individuals join the regular park staff to assist in keeping the parks in top shape. Our hiring needs correspond nicely with the school calendar and every year we see lots of students who want to work outdoors and avoid conflicts with school schedules.