We have over 30 parks located within city limits! Amenities range from playgrounds to skate parks and natural open space areas! Use our park location map to find the perfect spot.
- Only park shelters can be reserved
- Reservations and park use is on a first come first serve basis
- All day shelter reservation is $75.00
- Parks Rules and Regulations must be followed
- Use our Park Shelter Application
- Reservations must be submitted at least 5 business days prior to the requested date
- Park Reservation forms must be turned in at the Greeley Recreation Center or Family FunPlex; faxed or mailed reservations will not be accepted
Restroom facilities, when available, are open on a seasonal basis, May 1 through October 15, weather permitting. Anna Gimmestad and Rodarte facilities are only made available with a paid shelter reservation at any time of year. Enjoy a new restroom facility at Bittersweet Park, which opened on Memorial Day in 2015.
Over the course of the next 5 years the Parks Department is working diligently to bring at least 3 new parks to the community and expand 6 miles of the Sheep Draw Regional Trail System.
February generally marks the beginning of hiring for positions that run from March through October. Each year a variety of individuals join the regular park staff to assist in keeping the parks looking good.
Our hiring needs correspond nicely with the school calendar and every year we see lots of students who want to work outside and avoid conflicts with their school schedules.
A job with the Parks Department involves customer service, building maintenance, small construction projects, irrigation, irrigation maintenance, mowing, aeration, small and large equipment usage as well as ball field care and maintenance to include dragging, chalking and leveling. Employees will also find themselves preparing for special events and tournaments. Those who are hired will have opportunities to attend safety and equipment workshops.