City Of Greeley

Easements & Right of Way

Right of Way Program & Crossing Approvals
Utility Line Locates
Water Transmission
Bellvue Pipeline Project
System Maps

Right of Way Program & Crossing Approvals

The Right of Way Program's responsibility is to insure that basic guidelines, standards, and procedures are followed and reviewed before an approval is issued for various utility crossings of the City of Greeley's existing water and sewer pipelines. These crossings may be located in either a private (exclusive easement) or public (within a public street) right of way. The Right of Way team also acquires temporary and permanent easements when the City of Greeley installs its own water and sewer utility lines.

When is a Crossing Approval Needed?

A crossing approval is needed anytime a water or sewer facility, owned by the City of Greeley, is going to be crossed by another utility. There is no charge for this crossing approval. Please review and download the Crossing Application Packet.

Included in this packet:

  1. Crossing Approval Procedures
  2. Design Standards
  3. Sample Crossing Approval Plans/Profiles
  4. Crossing Approval Application

For additional information and questions regarding crossing approvals, easement or encroachments please contact our Right of Way team:

Sylvia Ybarra, Right of Way Agent, 970-350-9709
(acquisitions, encroachments and plan reviews)

Monique Perez, Right of Way Technician, 970-350-9701
(crossing approvals, easement research)

Utility Line Locates

Smart digging means knowing where utility lines are buried before you dig in order to protect yourself from injury and prevent damage to underground utility lines. Whether you are planning to do it yourself or hire a professional, smart digging means calling before each job.

Homeowners often make risky assumptions about whether or not they should get their utility lines marked, but every digging job requires a call, even small projects like planting trees and shrubs. The depth of utility lines varies and there may be multiple utility lines in a common area. Digging without calling can disrupt service to an entire neighborhood, harm you and those around you and potentially result in fines and repair costs.

You may request a locate online or call 811 or 1-800-922-1987.

System Maps

Waterline Index Map

Sewerline Index Map
Non-Potable Index Map