Free Irrigation and Indoor Water Audits Available in 2019
The City’s Water Conservation program provides free water efficiency audits to Greeley residences and business in the community. Greeley officials created this service to help residents save water, lower bills and improve efficiency.
A hugely popular program, resident requests have already filled the 2019 spring and early summer schedule. Greeley’s water conservation program staff is currently making appointments for July, August and September. Experts recommended an irrigation system audit every two years. Customers that made upgrades, landscape changes or other improvements after their last inspection are also encouraged to request a re-audit to see if their watering schedule should be adjusted.
A water auditor will provide:
- a visual inspection of each zone to identify problems
- tests that measure how and how much water is applied
- a water pressure check and adjustment recommendation
- a custom watering schedule derived from the tests performed
- information about your lawn's seasonal needs for water
There are still opportunities to get an indoor audit before the irrigation audit season begins. All homes could benefit from an audit, but homes that are more than 20 years old will see the most savings. Landlords and property managers are also encouraged to schedule water-efficiency inspections in all of their rental properties. Commercial, industrial, or institutional properties may also be audited.
A water auditor will:
- seek out leaks and other unintended uses of water
- look for high water use appliances
- replace of showerheads and aerators
- suggest repairs or upgrades
Please call 970-336-4228 to schedule a water audit for your home or irrigation system. More information and an online sign-up form are available at greeleygov.com/audits
Mar 19, 2019
For more information, media representatives should contact:
Kevin Hartley, Water Conservation Specialist