Greeley’s Rescheduled Clean-Up Weekend Coming Oct. 2 and 3
With the coming of fall, comes time to clean out the basement, garage, yard, and more. Greeley residents get a special chance to dispose of unwanted items 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2 and Saturday, Oct. 3 with the 45th Annual Clean-Up Weekend.
In recent years, Greeley’s annual Clean-Up Weekend typically took place in the spring, however, because of the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, officials delayed the event until the fall.
Although it’s a different season this year, this Fall Clean-Up Weekend includes all the same opportunities that makes this such a great event for residents.
With Greeley’s Clean-Up Weekend event, residents can bring almost everything they might want or get rid of to one of three drop-off sites designated for household hazardous waste, yard waste, and other debris. Clean-Up Weekend does not allow commercial dumping. All loads of loose materials must be secured with a tarp.
This drop site is located on 11th Avenue north of the Poudre River. Please enter on H Street.
- Cash and check only.
- Cars and small trucks cost $10 per load at Site #1.
- Drop off household debris, appliances, and scrap metals.
- There is a four-tire limit per day. There is a $2 fee for each additional tire. —Tires larger than 17 inches or with rims are not accepted.
- No organics (tree limbs, grass, leaves) are accepted at this site. Visit Site #2 for the disposal of those materials.
- One-ton trucks and large trailers with more than one axle must use the North Weld Landfill, 40000 Weld County Road 25. A $30 coupon (for each load) allows direct access to the landfill and must be purchased at City Hall, 1000 10th Street by Oct. 2. Residents can also buy vouchers at Site #1 during Clean-Up Weekend. Residents are limited to two coupons.
Site #2 - Greeley Organic Waste Center
This site is at 1130 E 8th St., one mile east of U.S. 85. The facility is open all year, but reduced rates are offered during Clean-Up Weekend. The site is open during Clean-Up Weekend, but is closed on Sundays. Call 970-673-2042 or visit greeleygov.com/recycling for more information about this site.
- Cash only.
- Grass and leaves are accepted at $4 per cubic yard. For example, a small pickup load costs about $7-$14 and a large pickup truck load is approximately $10-$18.
- Clean and mixed wood (OSB, lumber), limbs, brush, sod, and topsoil are accepted at $5 per cubic yard. A small pickup approximately costs $10-$20 and a large pickup costs about $15-$24.
- Large logs and stumps are accepted at $15 per cubic yard.
- Drywall, paper or wax-coated cardboard, and painted and treated wood are not accepted
Site #3 - Household Hazardous Waste
Site #3 is located at 1311 N. 17th Ave., two blocks north of Site #1. Weld County’s Household Hazardous Waste is open all year long on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Call the hotline for more information, 970-304-6415 ext. 2233.
- Paint, pesticides, batteries, cell phones, fluorescent bulbs, motor oil, and more can be disposed up for free at Site #3.
- Empty containers or containers larger than 5 gallons are not accepted.
Computers and electronics will not be collected during Clean-Up Weekend. For electronic disposal call Schaefer Enterprises at 970-353-0662 for more information. The site has a weekday drop off from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at 420 15th St., Greeley. A small fee applies.
Fall Clean-Up Weekend Flyer
For more information, contact Jerry Pickett at 970-350-9335 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep 23, 2020