Relive the Selena Concert Experience with Los Chicos del 512 at the Union Colony Civic Center
Visit the Union Colony Civic Center for a concert celebrating the “Queen of Tejano Music,” with Selena tribute band Los Chicos del 512 at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24.
Featuring popular hits such as “Amor Prohibido,” “Como la Flor,” and “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom”, Los Chicos will transport the audience back to the height of Selena fame.
History of Los Chicos
Los Chicos began in 2014 with a simple purpose: to provide an authentic Selena experience and celebrate the music of this iconic performer. After halting performances due to COVID-19, Los Chicos are back on tour with two new band members. Previous performance highlights include performing for the Chicago Bulls and traveling to Okinawa, Japan in 2019 to perform for the U.S. Marines.
Meet Los Chicos del 512
- Keila Martinez (lead vocalist) – One of the newest members of the group, Martinez brings energy and passion to the Los Chicos experience.
- Ricardo Madrid (keyboardist) – Madrid acts as music director for Los Chicos and has more than two decades of performing experience, specializing in música grupera.
- Martin Peralta (guitarist) – Peralta is responsible for Los Chicos’ music arrangements and previously toured with Mexican singer Pilar Montenegro.
- Jesus Cordova (bass) – Cordova has played with numerous bands across the U.S. and Mexico and collaborated as a producer and audio engineer in the music industry.
- Jimmy Arce (percussion) – Arce joins Los Chicos as the second newest member. He has an extensive music career performing both Latin and Jazz music in the U.S. and Mexico.
- Mario Hernandez (drums) – Hernandez is the group’s producer and previously played in bands who opened for performers such as Aleks Syntek, Panteon Rococo, and Enanitos Verdes.
The Union Colony Civic Center staff and officials are deeply grateful to the 2021 sponsors who help the shows go on. The 2021 Fall Semester Sponsors include:
- Colorado Creative Industries,
- Banner Health
- the Women's Clinic of Northern Colorado
To become a sponsor, please contact Celeste McCorvey at email@example.com or 970-350-9878.
The UCCC, 701 10th Ave., is Northern Colorado's premier performing arts venue, owned and operated by the City of Greeley. With more than 100 events held per year, the UCCC offers various Broadway musicals, concerts, comedy shows, and many local dance and school performances. Spring 2022 performances will be announced later this year.
Visit ucstars.com for more information and to purchase tickets. Connect with the UCCC at facebook.com/UnionColonyCivicCenter.
Sep 9, 2021
For more information, media representatives should contact:
Jason Evenson, manager of cultural affairs