Oil and Gas in Greeley

Development of oil and gas has taken place within Greeley city limits since the 1970’s and represents a unique type of land use. As a property right, mineral owners are allowed to access and extract the resource; these rights, however, are balanced against the rights of surface property owners. Surface owners and mineral rights owners may be the same, but often are not, particularly within newer areas of the city.

Additional information, including external resources, regulations, and public health considerations is available on our resource page.

Have questions about the operation of oil and gas facilities in Greeley? Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions or contact us at 970-350-9780.

Oil and Gas complaints

The COGCC has created a dedicated webpage that contains the following:

  • A newly developed and easy to use tool to file a complaint online.
  • Guidance for how to file a complaint.  To be considered a formal complaint, all complaints are required to be in a written format.
  • Questions and answers related to the complaint process, including what to expect and rights of the complainant.
  • Guidance and tools to search for complaints already filed.

File a complaint with the COGCC

Oil and Gas Health Information and Response program

The Oil and Gas Health Information and Response program was created by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to respond to public concerns about health related to oil and gas activities. It will also gather up-to-date information about oil and gas activities, with a focus on health, and make it accessible to the public.

Report a health concern

COGCC drilling permit notices

Oil and gas producers are required to receive a variety of permits from the State. When these are submitted to the State, notice of these permits is forwarded to the City of Greeley, to a designated contact known as the Local Government Designee.

Information about the types of permits is found at the Forms and Local Gov tabs from the COGCC website. For an explanation of 2 and 2A permits, please review our regulatory process document.

For your convenience, we provide both a map and a listing of the COGCC notices.

Map of Oil and Gas and Well sites

Contact us!

Community Development

1100 10th Street
Greeley, CO 80631

970-350-9780 tel
970-350-9800 fax

Director: Brad.Mueller@greeleygov.com