Message from the Chief
The 200-plus professionals of the Greeley Police Department welcome you to our website. As you learn more about us from what you see in these pages, we think you will see why we believe that our Department is the finest law enforcement agency serving the best city in the state of Colorado.
At GPD we are focused on providing safety and service to our over 100,000 citizen-customers. Our slogan is “find a way to help.” Our mission is “improve the quality of life for the people of our community.” We do that by working hard and smart to accomplish four, specific goals:
- Pursue and apprehend career criminals. We recognize that a few, active offenders are responsible for much of our crime. Likewise we realize that taking these criminals out of circulation has a major impact on reducing Greeley’s crime rate.
- Improve traffic safety. Through our efforts at public education and enforcement measures taken against accident-causing violations the Department seeks to reduce the number of serious accidents.
- Provide exceptional customer service. We acknowledge that our taxpayers are the reason that the Greeley Police Department exists. Our goal is to serve them well with compassion and professionalism.
- Do the right thing. We work to serve as positive role models in both our on-duty and off-duty actions. Integrity and accountability will be our guideposts in all that we undertake.
We know that in order to best serve our citizens we must be a part of and not apart from the Greeley community. That is the purest form of community-oriented policing. We seek to be both accessible and transparent to our citizen-partners.
- Pursue recruitment and retention of the very best to be Greeley Police Department members.
We welcome your questions and comments. We want you to know even more about an organization of which we are very proud.
Jerry Garner, Chief of Police
Ride Along program
The Ride-Along program is an opportunity to experience what a typical day is like for a Greeley police officer. You must be at least 18 years old to go on a ride-along and it takes at least two weeks to process your form, so please be patient. Contact 970-350-9605 with questions
The Internal Affairs Section is located at the Greeley Police Department. For information on filing a complaint, see our complaint process.
Safe Zone for Online Transactions
We’re encouraging the public to use a “Safe Zone” located at the Police Headquarters (2875 W. 10th St.) for online transactions that require you meet with a stranger. The parking lot can be used anytime and the lobby is open to the public, Monday thru Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
GPD cannot guarantee the quality or authenticity of items purchased online, and the department will not be involved in the business of these transactions. The Safe Zone offers peace of mind knowing the areas are under camera surveillance 24 hours a day, and a person is working at the front desk lobby area during regular business hours.
Neighborhood Action Team
Our Neighborhood Action Team has a variety of programs to help Greeley neighborhoods and business owners. More information on Operation Safe Stay, our Shoplifter Task Force, and Neighborhood Watch, is available on our Neighborhood Action Team page.
Earn college credit!
We offer unpaid internships for college credit to college students during the fall and spring semesters. Our interns work 150 hours, which correlates to 3 credit hours at most colleges. All majors are eligible, but we do give preference to those pursuing a law enforcement career. Interns will be assigned to multiple areas within the Greeley Police Department and get hands on experience in law enforcement.
Applications need to be submitted to the Greeley Police department at 2875 10th Street, Greeley, CO 80634. If you have questions, contact Andrew Wronkoski at 970-351-5443 or firstname.lastname@example.org.