We maintain records for the following law enforcement agencies
- Greeley Police Department
- Weld County Sheriff
Reports can be requested in person, via fax or email, or through the US Mail.
All others (including Background Checks)
A nominal fee is associated with requests from all others including all traffic accident reports. Our Fee Schedule will give you an idea of the fees, but please contact us at 970-350-9627 to calculate your cost.
- After determining your cost, complete a Records Request
- Complete any additional forms
Submit your signed request with payment
- A Clearance Letter Request is required for background checks and clearance letter requests.
- An Evidence Request is required when requesting copies of items in evidence such as crime or traffic scene photographs.
Record request denials
There may be times when a record is not releasable to the public.Denial of Inspection of Records – 24.72.305
Record requests may be denied for the following reasons:
- Inspection or release is contrary to Supreme Court rule or order of any court
- Inspection or release is contrary to the public interest (e.g. investigative file material; intelligence information; information regarding security procedures of Sheriff, District Attorney or Police Department.)