We maintain records for the following law enforcement agencies

  • Greeley Police Department
  • Weld County Sheriff

Reports can be requested in person, via fax or email, or through the US Mail.

Process for requesting a report

Victims of Crimes

  1. Complete a Records Request
    • Include your telephone number
    • Sign and date the pecuniary gain statement portion of the form
    • Include your driver's license number and state of issue
    • An Evidence Request is required when requesting copies of items in evidence
  2. Submit your signed request

All others (including Background Checks)

A nominal fee is associated with requests from all others including all traffic accident reports. Our Fee Schedule will give you an idea of the fees, but please contact us at 970-350-9627 to calculate your cost.

  1. After determining your cost, complete a Records Request
  2. Complete any additional forms
    • Clearance Letter Request is required for background checks and clearance letter requests.
    • An Evidence Request is required when requesting copies of items in evidence such as crime or traffic scene photographs.
  3. Submit your signed request with payment

Record request denials ​

There may be times when a record is not releasable to the public.Denial of Inspection of Records – 24.72.305
Record requests may be denied for the following reasons:

  • Inspection or release is contrary to Supreme Court rule or order of any court
  • Inspection or release is contrary to the public interest (e.g. investigative file material; intelligence information; information regarding security procedures of Sheriff, District Attorney or Police Department.)

Additional helpful information:

Security Services/Guard and Pawnbroker/Manager Licensing Information

Greeley Municipal Code requires that all Private Security Services, Private Security Guards, Pawnbrokers (Companies/Businesses) and Pawnbroker Managers be licensed, with such licensing being managed/issued by the Police Department. All applications must be submitted to the Greeley Records Department at the address above.  

Process Changes

Due to changes by the State of Colorado, the fingerprinting process for these licenses has changed. Please read and review the application instructions carefully for updated information on the new process. For questions regarding security guard applications, please call 970-350-9627, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Greeley / Weld Records

1551 N 17th Avenue #3
Greeley, CO 80631

970-350-9627 tel
970-304-6505 fax

Lobby hours:
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.