Victim Rights and Assistance Volunteers
Being a Volunteer
To provide crisis intervention and service referral information
Victim Assistance Coordinator
12-24 hours on-call shifts, Volunteer sign-up basis, 48 hours per month 6PM-6AM Weekdays, 6AM-6AM Weekends and holidays, others as needed
Respond upon request to secure crime scenes or other specified locations to provide emotional support and service referral information to crime victims and others in crisis and in need of assistance. Follow-up as appropriate.
- At least 19 years of age
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
- Valid car liability insurance
- Live within 15 minutes of our covered agencies
- Ability to pass comprehensive criminal background check including polygraph and drug/alcohol testing
- Ability to follow written and oral directions
- Must attend monthly meetings
Education or experience commensurate with the assigned duties
One year minimum, 48 hours per month
GPD Victim Assistance Unit by bringing or mailing the application to the Greeley Police Department, 2875 10th Street, Greeley, Co 80634.
Office work may also be done to achieve the 48-hour requirement. You may have to appear in court.