Our Public Works Engineering Division is involved in aspects of City infrastructure and development involving streets and drainage. It is our responsibility to manage and improve our existing street infrastructure, review and inspect new transportation improvements, ensure quality assurance by providing inspections for projects. We are composed of Engineering Services and Construction Services.

Engineering Services

We provide planning, design and construction management for a variety of street infrastructure improvements throughout the City. We manage improvements to existing as well as new infrastructure. Our services provide for the quality construction of the City's transportation infrastructure in accordance with current design and City of Greeley standards. We plan, manage, design and build a better infrastructure for the City of Greeley. ​

Address assignment

To view graphic representations of how address are assigned to subdivisions visit our Subdivision page.

City infrastructure archive

We archive documents related to the development of the City's infrastructure including development plans, construction drawings, and plats that have been filed for development within the City of Greeley. All archives are inventoried into a database and the hard copy materials are kept in flat files. Letters, memos or notices of correspondence are also archived in this format.

Please contact us at 970-350-9789 with any requests for copies of our archived documents. We are able to produce blue line document copies when requested. Cost is based on the requested materials and number of copies.

Cache La Poudre River General Investigation Study

The US Army Corps of Engineers and the City of Greeley are conducting a Feasibility Study of the Cache La Poudre River in and near Greeley.

Capital Improvements Project Management

Management by our team ensures that City infrastructure projects are monitored by one person from beginning to end. This includes project planning, budget analysis and development, contractor management, and project completion. See some of our current Capital Improvement Projects here.

Construction standards

All construction, development, repair, or adjustments affecting city infrastructure within the City of Greeley must adhere to current standards.

The City of Greeley's Street Design Criteria and Construction Specification document is intended to provide guidance for the design, review, and construction of those public improvements in or under the public right-of-way and public easements.

If you would like a hard copy of of the manual, please contact our office at 970-350-9881. There will be a $25 charge for printing and $5 for shipping.

You can also download the documents by visiting our design standards page.


Engineering Services issues permits for new developments, utility construction and street improvements.

All construction in the City Right-of-Way must be reviewed and approved by the Water and Sewer Department as well as The Public Works Department before permits can be issued. Preconstruction conferences must also be held for Development projects before permit application.

Contact Public Works at 970-350-9881, or email for additional information regarding the permit process.

Permit Requests

  1. Contractors must be a licensed and bonded with the City of Greeley.
  2. You must have copies of your plans submitted to the City of Greeley.
  3. Your plans then must have been reviewed and signed by the Water & Sewer Department located at 1100 10th St, and The Public Works Department located at 1001 9th Ave.
  4. A traffic plan for your project must be submitted to the Traffic Division, Jim Neergaard, Traffic Engineering Technician 336-4091, 1001 9th Avenue, for review and approval.
  5. Submit completed application to or drop off at the Public Works Building 1001 9th Ave.
  6. Once all of these steps have been completed a Right of Way/Easement permit will be issued by the Engineering Division.


The complete application contains five documents, with a total of six pages. The ROW Permit Application contains all documents needed for this permit. The Fee Schedule can be used to figure the fee for the permit. Many times a Traffic Control Review Form is needed without a ROW permit, but if a ROW Permit is needed, all forms are within the ROW Permit Application.

ROW Permit ApplicationXLSX786.99 KB Download
Fee SchedulePDF676.81 KB Download
Traffic Control Review FormXLSX42.93 KB Download
Land Grading Application and PermitPDF108.30 KB Download
Moving Permits with list of ContractorsPDF121.74 KB Download
Revocable PermitsPDF273.67 KB Download

Construction Services

We handle inspections of infrastructure projects and ensure that all construction within the City of Greeley meets required standards and provides for the safety and quality of life of its citizens.