Greeley's Life After Lawn program is no longer taking applications in 2020. If you want to know more and be a part of the 2021 season, please complete this online form.
2020 Program Information
Are you tired of spending every weekend mowing, fertilizing, and watering your lawn? The City of Greeley is here to help. Starting in 2020, the City will pay eligible water customers to replace their thirsty bluegrass turf with a more sustainable Colorado Xeriscape landscape.
The city rebates up to 2,000 square feet of lawn removed per single-family residence.
Before you begin your landscape transformation, please review these rules and requirements to ensure your landscape transformation ideas qualify.
- Must be a City of Greeley water customer and own the property to be transformed.
- Plan to remain in your home for 5 + years.
- Convert 500 to 2,000 square feet of lawn to xeric plantings.
- Participants must attend the required Life after Lawn class on February 19. If you missed the class, watch the video of the presentation and request paperwork by calling 970-350-9210.
- You are converting healthy, watered bluegrass turf. Structures such as sheds, gazebos, decks, patios, concrete, and impermeable grouting cannot be included as part of rebated footage.
- Lawns to be re-landscaped must be a front and/or side yard visible from the street.
- Converted xeriscape area must be irrigated using drip irrigation, micro spray irrigation or hand watering. Area may contain paving stones, pavers and brick, but must be filled with loose material.
- Conversion must comply with all City of Greeley landscape codes and you must receive approval of your HOA, if applicable.
- You must Call 811 for utility line locates before beginning your project.
- Project must be completed and inspected by October 31, 2020.
- Allow City of Greeley Water Conservation to put a sign in your yard about project.
Benefits for the homeowner:
- Lower water bills
- Enhanced curb appeal and higher property value
- Learn about gardening and Xeriscape
- Can be lower maintenance
- Rebate of $1 per square foot up to 2,000 square feet
2020 Timeline/Key Dates
- February 19: Attend Life after Lawn Class
- March 20: Submit Application, photos and proposed landscape design
- March 17-31: Screen applications, perform house visits if necessary
- April 1: Begin projects
- April 1-May 1: Sod removal
- April 22: Optional design workshop for those that want to design their own.
- May-September: Attend any other Landscape Lecture Series classes (optional)
- October: Submit rebate applications along with supporting documents
If you have questions, call 970-336-4134 or email email@example.com.