Greeley’s City Council established the Historic Preservation Commission in 1995. The following year we began preserving historic properties and areas and celebrating Greeley’s history and significant buildings, sites, structures, objects and districts the following year.
As the Historic Preservation Commission and staff, we:
- Designate properties on the Greeley Historic Register as nominations are brought forward by property owners
- Help provide financial incentives to those owners when they do work on their properties
- Review projects to allow for changes while ensuring the preservation of the characteristics that make them unique and important
- Work with other City departments on historic preservation related issues and projects
- Offer educational events and resources
We'd love to talk with you about historic preservation and Greeley’s unique history. Please give us a call, send an email or come join us at an event or meeting!