For more information media representatives should contact:
Deb DeBoutez, Neighborhood Program Specialist
In response to community demonstrations and the Black Lives Matter movement, at the behest of Greeley City Council, the City’s Human Relations Commission will sponsor a community conversation on race entitled “Tell Me More,” via Zoom from 6 to 7:30 pm, Wednesday, July 15.
Maya Angelou said, “We do the best we can with what we know, and when we know better, we do better.”
The goal of the forum is to hear from involved parties about their experience in Greeley, find suggestions on sustainable improvements, and create an environment where these conversations can lead to positive change for all members of the community. Panelists include:
- Dr. Tobias Guzmán, chief diversity officer & associate vice president for student affairs at the University of Northern Colorado (UNC)
- Shawana Kimbrough-Hayward, director of the Center for Human Enrichment/TRiO Student Support Services program at UNC
- Myria Davis, UNC graduate student and Marcus Garvey Center interim coordinator
- Grant Stephens – UNC undergraduate student and football player
- Becky Safarik, City of Greeley assistant city manager
- Judge Mark Gonzales, City of Greeley municipal judge
To participate, please visit www.rb.gy/ecsvrx and click on the “Tell Me More” event information. The zoom link is on that site. Anyone can also listen via phone lines listed on that site as well. For questions, contact Deb DeBoutez at 970-451-1711.