Greeley Fire Department
We provide service twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week, and we protect a total of 64 square miles. In addition to responding to requests for assistance, our firefighters are also involved in public education, stand-by duties requiring first aid or fire watches, and maintenance.
The City of Greeley has adopted the 2018 International Fire Code.
Mission statement and organizational values
To prevent harm through professional, compassionate service.
- Dedication: We are devoted to those we serve and each other.
- Excellence: We strive to provide the highest quality in everything we do.
- Honor: We take pride in the opportunity to serve.
- Integrity: We value the trust of others.
- Respect: We treat our citizens and each other with respect.
- Safety: Safety is primary in everything we do.
Please note: Greeley Fire does not fill swimming pools.
Make sure your car seat is installed correctly by visiting SaferCar.gov.
Get a firsthand view of what we do. Come on a ride-along! Ride along application
Non-Emergency Service Requests
We want to attend events; however, we have limited resources. Please review the following guidelines to verify that your event meets the requirements for us to attend. Please be aware even though your request may meet all the guidelines listed below, we may not be able to fill it due to staffing, or other issues.
- A three-week notice is required for all requests
- Please fill out the top of the form completely, being as specific as possible.
- Once you have completed the top portion of the form, please click the Submit button located on the top Right of the form.
- We may take pictures during your events, if so, are you ok with having them posted on our social media sites? Please let us know what your preference is by selecting “yes or No” on the form.
- Please understand that our staff that is attending your event may need to respond to an emergency call.
Citizen Fire Academy
The application period is closed for the spring 2020 Academy. Thank you.
Non-emergency Service Requests
Please complete an online request.
(If you prefer, you can submit a PDF form Non Emergency Service Request)
The submitted form will go through the approval process. You will receive notification within two weeks if we are able to attend or not.
Events that we make every effort to attend:
- School visits
- Career fairs
- Medical stand-by for events
- Safety talks
- Station tours
- Fund raisers for non-profits
Events we do not attend:
- Private parties
- Events to bring customers in to your business or grand openings
Due to our limited resources and heavy workload during the Stampede, we will not be able to fulfill Non-Emergency requests, (typically the last week of June through July 4).
During Fire prevention week, we are limited to station visits only. (Typically the second week of October).
If your request fits within these guidelines, please fill out the non-emergency request form and submit it to us. For more questions, you can call 970-350-9500.
Our Community Safety Division is here to help with the following:
- Fire code compliance
- New construction permits and plan review
- Fire protection systems permits and plan review
- Development review
- Fire flow information
- Fire safety education
For tips on how to be fire safe, check out the National Fire Protection Association.
Firefighters protect lives and property through activities associated with fire prevention, rescue, fire fighting, hazardous materials and emergency medical incidents and participates in the training and maintenance activities necessary to achieve that end; men and women dedicated to saving your life.
In addition to fire emergency response, we are involved in the following: