Concerns with trees or shrubs
Well-maintained neighborhoods are essential to healthy communities. The Forestry Program will enforce municipal code rules related to commercial arborist licensing and permits, public health and environmental concerns and vegetation issues related to streets and sidewalks. The Forestry Code Compliance staff are currently focused on priority issues affecting public rights-of-way.
To report concerns with trees or shrubs: Submit an online request below or call 970-351-5150 and choose option 3 when prompted.
- A preliminary warning may be issued
- A notice of violation may be served
- A mandatory administrative may occur
- Failure to comply with a notice of violation will result in the City contracting the work and billing for the costs, plus additional fees
- Compliance related to some vegetation issues can average 30-60 days to complete the work due to schedules of arborists, traffic control needs and/or vegetation clearance requirements surrounding overhead energized utilities.