Donations and memorial trees
The Forestry Program offers a program in which select unwanted trees can be donated to the Parks system. This is done at no cost to the donor. Additionally, we can help you commemorate a loved one by planting a tree in a park of your choice.
The Memorial Tree Program allows individuals, families or businesses may commemorate people or events with special tree plantings. See our brochure for details and pricing.
Commemorative plantings are recognized with a certificate recording the pertinent information (who, what, where, when) and includes a map of the park on the reverse side with the location of the planting indicated and a photograph of the plant in its new location.
- A picture and pertinent information are added to the "Living Monument" record book, and a small brass plate is engraved and attached to a large wood plaque located in the downtown Recreation Center.
- Participants can choose the type of tree and the park where they wish to have the tree(s) planted. Guidance will be provided in selection and locations in order to avoid underground utilities, irrigation problems, and drainage or soil issues.
- We plants the tree(s) in the chosen park at an agreed upon date and time. Participation in the actual planting is welcomed and encouraged.
- Commemorative trees are special park trees and will receive yearly inspections and extra, individual attention in care and maintenance.
- Replacement is guaranteed if the tree dies.