The transportation services division uses innovative technology and industry best practices to provide a safe and convenient transportation system for all users. Our goal is to improve efficiency and enhance quality of life for Greeley residents and visitors alike. Our services include traffic operations, neighborhood traffic safety, and mobility planning.
What we do:
Our main focus centers on improving safety and efficiency, we:
- Monitor and maintain the current transportation network.
- Optimize traffic flow throughout the City.
- Analyze crash and safety information to improve safety for drivers.
- Respond to citizen questions and concerns.
- Conduct traffic studies in neighborhoods that are concerned about speeding motorists.
- Predict future traffic conditions and plan infrastructure that will accommodate population growth.
- Support all modes of travel through education and infrastructure improvements.
- Ensure that all traffic control devices are functional and up to date.
Streetlights are owned by Xcel Energy. To report an outage, please contact Xcel Energy at 1-800-895-4999 or use their online Streetlight Outage form. Streetlight identification numbers can be found on the pole; providing them may help expedite your request.
Or, contact our Transportation division at 970-350-9355 and we will report the problem to Xcel Energy.
Traffic signals, signs, and pavement markings
Traffic signal malfunctioning? Need to have traffic signal timing or placement evaluated? Contact our Transportation division at 970-350-9355 or use the online form. If this is an emergency please call 911 or contact Greeley Police dispatch at 970-350-9600.