Neighborhood Traffic Safety
Neighborhood traffic management responds to citizen concerns regarding speeds and traffic flow on residential streets. Staff conduct traffic studies in areas that have been identified by residents and assist residents with developing and implementing traffic calming solutions for their neighborhood.
Become a Speed Watch Neighborhood
Joining Speed Watch is simple:
- The first step is to download and fill out the Neighborhood Traffic Treaty. We ask that 50 percent of the residents in a targeted neighborhood agree to participate and sign the Neighborhood Traffic Treaty. Once complete submit the form to Transportation Services.
- The neighborhood designates a contact (or contacts) to help maintain neighborhood participation and communication.
- Neighbors hand out brochures to every house in the neighborhood.
- Neighbors provide speed reduction reminders in their HOA newsletter, website and other publications.
Speed Watch Neighborhoods receive:
- Yard Signs
- Safety and awareness brochures
- Signs entering the neighborhood
- Neighborhood listed on the City website
If you are interested and would like to know more, please contact Allison Baxter by phone at 970-350-9326 or email email@example.com.