Choose a location and review zoning
- If you don't have a location for your business in mind, then it’s time to start looking.
- Use our maps to examine the various zoning districts here in Greeley:
- Once you have your location picked out, check with the Planning Department to make sure the area is zoned to allow business/commercial activity.
- Planning: 970-350-9780
- Do this before you sign a lease, if possible.
Apply for a Greeley Business License
All companies and individuals conducting business in Greeley must have a business license. Some businesses require additional licensing. Please complete the packet for your business type.
- Any company or individual conducting business in the City of Greeley must obtain a business license.
- This includes, but is not limited to, retail stores, restaurants, service-based companies, nonprofits, wholesalers, law firms, accounting firms, and manufacturers.
- License Fee - $60.00
- Liability Insurance - $1,000,000 per person / $2,000,000 per incident
- Additional certification and permits are required from the Forestry Department, 970-339-2045
- License Fee - $110.00
- Right of Way Permit Bond – Bond amount is determined by number of permits issued the previous year
- 0 – 5 permits = $10,000 Bond
- 6 – 10 permits = $20,000 Bond
- 11+ permits = $50,000 Bond
- Public Right of Way Permits are issued through the Public Works Department, 970-350-9881
Pawn Broker and Security Service
Licenses are managed by the Police Records Department, 970-350-9630